The Wharf Southwest DC Breaking Ground 2014
The Hoffman-Madison Waterfront project will transform the waterfront and the groundbreaking is finally set to take place in March 2014.
Phase 1 calls for approximately 1.5 million SF of development including 1,200 residential units, 400,000 SF of office space, a 278-room luxury Intercontinental Hotel by Carr Hospitality , 200,000 SF of retail and 100,000 SF of cultural activity space along with 12+ acres of parks and public space. The Wharf begins Phase I construction in March 2014. Build-out is expected to complete by the end of 2017.
Tentative Construction Schedule
- March through September 2014: Groundbreaking, site razing, demolition of docks, utilities, fish market parking lot/deep utilities
- April 2014: Maine Avenue utility relocation
- April 2014 through July 2014: Capital Yacht Club marine work construction phase for new docks
- September 2014: Water Street closure
- August 2014: Piers marine work
Read the full story on Districtre.com