2014 DC Real Estate Market Update
14th Street Corridor
Tomorrow's snowstorm won't help the 2014 DC real estate market lag. Freezing temps and bleak skies have kept a lid on early listing and buying activity.
Inventory shortages are epic at this point. The low volume of listings has kept upward pressure on prices, which is good for sellers, but timing is everything. The DC real estate market is changing. To take advantage of current DC real estate market conditions in order to get the highest price and best terms for their properties, owners should consider listing their properties sooner rather than later.
Here is the data for 2014 DC's 14th Street Corridor todate:
January Real Estate Market Activity January 1 2014 to-date:
- Condos/Co-Ops $500K – $1.5M =6 Listings
- SFH $500K-$750K =Zero Listings
- SFH $750-$1.5M = 1 Listing
- Condos/Co-Ops $500K – $1.5M =3 Contracts
- SFH $500K-$750K =Zero Contracts
- SFH $750-$1.5M =Zero Contracts
- SFH $500K-$750K =1 Sale
- SFH $750K-$1M+ =Zero Sales
- Condos/Co-Ops $500K – $1.5M =5 Sales