CityCenter Residences New Info, First Sales
*Buyers take note: CityCenter sales representatives take a hard stance on unrepresented buyers. We've been contacted by a number of buyers who, after touring the sales center, seeing a sample of the developer's contract and hearing the sale representative's recitation of terms, suddenly decided they needed agent representation. But because they had checked that little box on the required registration form at the very beginning of their first visit, when they just wanted to see the product and before learning what was involved in the process, they have been told the developer will not honor their agent.
This is not the case with many other area developers, in our experience.
Certainly you can pay your buyer agent's commission yourself, but do you really want to? And why should a few hours make a difference in whether or not a seller covers agent commission (as is standard in our tri-state area)? Especially when portion of that process is the least significant of the whole?
Selection of a unit is the simplest part of any new construction purchase. Regardless of whether price is negotiable at any given development, contract terms are almost always negotiable in some key respects. Also, new construction sales reps tend to gloss over aspects of contracts that should bear careful scrutiny by buyers, who benefit from their agents' less biased explanation. The construction process is also difficult to manage without training and experience. Buyers who purchase new construction without representation sometimes say "things went fine," but that is likely because they don't know what questions to ask, what could have been negotiated and what is still ahead. More often, represented buyers say they dodged a bullet by deciding to work with a qualified agent.
At CityCenter, prices are not negotiable, so partnering with an agent who knows the ropes costs you nothing--and can save you quite a lot.
Be smart and don't give in to the impulse to visit development sales centers without an agent experienced and trained in new home construction. Enjpoy the advantages and protection that brings.
The Isaacs Team
Cellular: 440-533- 5113 or 202-699-1289
Coldwell Banker Dupont 1606 17th Street NW DC 20009
CityCenter Residences Info:
- All residences will offer a Juliet balcony, terrace or balcony (per plan). Eleven premium units priced bet. $2-3M feature 1k+ SF terraces
- Residences will feature 9’ ceilings
- Residences will feature Foster + Partners signature kitchens
- Residences offer innovative storage and finishes unique in the DC market
- Designed to allow light to fill the entire unit
- Premium units come with 1 parking space and an option to purchase 2nd
- All units will have option to purchase parking
CityCenter Residences Finishes:
- Custom designed 6' windows that open (unique to DC)
- Northern European white oak floors
- Custom-designed workspaces by Molteni
- Three finishes available for kitchens: light bleached oak, light bleached walnut, or white lacquer
- Kitchen cabinetry custom-designed & built by Molteni
- White Caesarstone countertops
- Refrigerators by Thermador or Liebherr
- Dishwashers by Miele are integrated into custom Molteni/Dada cabinetry
- Natural gas cooktops and electric ovens by Bosch
- Microwave ovens by Bosch or KitchenAid
- Kohler stainless steel sinks and chrome faucets by Grohe
- Washer/Dryer will be Bosch Axxis or Electrolux
- Bathrooms feature porcelain tile flooring, Caesarstone countertops, built-in drawers, open shelving, custom cabinetry by Molteni, custom frameless showers, faucets by Kohler and high-end fixtures by Duravit. The dual bathroom concept includes sliding walls which open to create a powder room accessible from the living room area and ideal for visitors.
- Walk-in closets custom-designed by Molteni with modular design and adjustable shelving for personalization.
See new pricing info for City Center Residences below!
CityCenter Residences Amenities:
- Reflecting pool
- Roof decks w/fire pit/picnic stations/grilling area/sun lounge
- Fitness center, spa, yoga studio
- Wine tasting room & wine storage
- Alfresco dining
- Doorman, on-site managers
- Deeded parking will be included or available for purchase
- Approx. 325K SF of high-end retail on 1st & 2nd floors and in Gallery
Current pricing sample for CityCenter Residences:
- 1 BRs from the mid-400's to $779,000 (676 SF – 1003 SF)
- 2 BRs from the high-600s to $3,164,000 (937 SF - 2158 SF)
- Condo fees will run approximately .94 per SF
*Detailed CityCenter Residences pre-construction pricing available for Isaacs Team buyers wishing to tour and reserve now!
*Prices are subject to revision
Sneak Peek of finishes and model 2 BR unit (with apologies for the video quality!)
*The video doesn't do it justice. See it yourself in person!
Hines is responsible for bringing in renowned London architect Norman Foster of Foster + Partners, a global firm responsible for the breathtaking Chep Lap Kok Airport, the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank projects.
CityCenter will be Foster's signature US project & his first residential project in the US. Among his famous projectss are:
- Wembly Stadium
- German Parliament Bldg
- Beijing Airport
- Yacht Club de Monaco
- The Index Dubai
- Crystal Island
- India Tower
- The Blue City, Sultanate of Oman
- Baku White City Waterfront, Baku, Azerbaijan
About CityCenter DC:
CityCenter is a 10 acre project running primarily between 9th and 10th and H and I. It will consist of a total of 8 buildings:
- 2 eleven-story apartment buildings
- 2 eleven-story condominium buildings with a total of 216 units (separate buildings and separate associations which will share amenities)
- 2 commercial buildings
- 1 hotel/office building in final phase
- A park and retail gallery space (the first two levels of all buildings will house approx. 325 SF of high-end retail shopping and restaurants)
and a 1,555-car parking facility.
Phase II will contain a 10-story, 350-room hotel and 109,000 SF of retail space.
Phase III (master planned by Hines but developed by another developer) will contain 500,000SF of office space and 40,000 SF of retail space.
Watch the video for explanation of buildings:
*See our April post for floor plan samples: CityCenter Residences coolDCre.com April 2012 Post
Copyright - All rights reserved The Isaacs Team LLC
The Isaacs Team LLC
Top-tier Washington DC Realtors
Districtre.com is DC's most informative real estate website
New condos in Washington DC & Northern Virginia; Logan Circle, Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, Southwest DC, Capitol Hill, Eastern Market, Brookland, Georgetown, Penn Quarter, Glover Park, Cathedral Heights, LeDroit Park, H Street Corridor, U Street, 14th Street corridor, Mt. Vernon Triangle, Kalorama, Arlington VA, Alexandria VA, Vienna VA, Fairfax VA, McLean VA and Great Falls VA.
Equal Housing Opportunity